Monday 24 October – Onshore students
Orientation is mandatory and ALL new students must attend all the following sessions which make up the orientation programme:
i. Orientation Presentations from Student Services and the Academic team
ii. Enrolment details and access to university systems
iii. Academic Integrity Workshop
Here is what you need to know
Orientation is the first step in the preparation of your session studies. There are 5 steps in this induction process
2. Enrolment details and access to the *university systems checked and confirmed *MyEnrolment, MySCU, SCU email, SCU Blackboard/Collaborate”.
3. Attend the Academic Integrity Workshop
4. Access Blackboard/Collaborate and start your studies
5. Access “New to Southern Cross University “for handy tips and guidance on starting your journey https://learn.scu.edu.au/bbcswebdav/orgs/SERT-SCU/click-me.html
How do I prepare for orientation?
1. Diarise this date and put the day aside. Consider this Day 1 in your university calendar. You will need to be present and focused for the day. Do not schedule other activities or arrangements. Set this day aside as the first step of preparation for your university journey – take it seriously.
2. Ensure you log in using the Zoom link below 10 – 15 minutes before the commencement time to ensure there is time to seek help if you are experiencing any problems.
3. The presenters will take you through a lot of information – but don’t worry, there is plenty of opportunity to ask questions, to have information repeated or to clarify your understanding.
|Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android:
Or join by phone: +61 2 8015 2088
Meeting ID: 850 6972 4733
|Log into the Zoom Session||09:10
|Orientation Presentation - Session 1||09:20 - 11:00
|Morning Tea Break||11:00 - 11:15
|Orientation Presentation - Session 1 (continued)||11:15 - 12:30
|Lunch Break||12:30 - 13:30
|Enrolment details and access to university systems check Session 2||13:30 - 15:00
|Afternoon Break||15:00 - 15:15
|Academic Integrity Workshop|
|15:15 - 16:30
|All Sessions are Mandatory. Students must be present online for ALL three sessions this day.|
|Note: All new students are automatically enrolled into their term units by the university as per your Study plan for Term 3 , Term 4 and Term 5
This means that you do not need to enrol yourself. You can access your enrolment in MyEnrolment and proceed directly to your classes on Blackboard.
|Campus is open Monday to Thursday
Level 1, 108 Lonsdale Street
9.00am – 4.30pm